Would you rather have a President who didn't do anything that the vast majority of the country didn't want -- or a President willing to do something very few Americans agree with but in which he or she believes absolutely?
In this year-end installment of the FiveThirtyEight Politics podcast, the crew looks back on the year in politics and hands out awards for things like the worst politicking of 2018 and most surprising election result. They also make journalistic resolutions for the coming year. You can listen to the episode by clicking the “play” button […]
The Union Cabinet recently approved 10 per cent reservation for economically weaker sections belonging to general category in government jobs. This is in addition to the existing 50 per cent reservation for the SCs, STs and the OBCs, taking the total quota of reservation to 60 per cent. The new reservation would benefit those people whose family income is under Rs 8 lakh per annum.There are, ho...
Politics Podcast: The Politics Of Taxing The Super Rich
Feb 04, 2019 11:15 PM
In recent weeks, high-profile Democrats such as Sen. Elizabeth Warren, Sen. Bernie Sanders and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez have floated policies that levy new taxes on the super rich. The FiveThirtyEight Politics podcast crew discusses the support for such proposals and what their legislative prospects are. The team also assesses Sen. Cory Booker’s prospects of becoming […]
Amidst the India-Australia match, Akash Ambani’s wedding and the announcement of election dates, a hashtag urging people to boycott a popular detergent brand started trending on Twitter. The brand’s recently released commercial has invited the wrath of the Twitteratis who wasted no time in terming it as anti-Hindu and promoting love jihad. The minute-long commercial features a...